Summer Soccer Camp
July 24-28, 2017
ABOUT OUR CAMP
Divine Peace’s Soccer Camp is a week-long experience designed to give kids exposure and advancement in soccer techniques, along with valuable life skills and Bible teaching.
Our camp emphasizes a different skillset each day with various drills and fun activities that allow the kids to immediately apply what they’re learning.
Divine Peace’s Soccer Camp is well-balanced for every age and skill level, with fun introductory sessions for new players along with more intensive training for advanced athletes.
Dates: July 24-28, 2017
Time: 8:45 – 11:30 AM
Location: Divine Peace Church – Garland Campus
1346 Pleasant Valley Road
Garland, TX 75040
Age Range: Entering PreK3 – 6th Grade
Skill Level: No previous soccer experience is necessary!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT SOCCER SKILLS WILL BE COVERED?
- Passing: technique, precision, pace, and using both feet
- Dribbling: control, footwork, one-on-one skills, and field vision
- Crossing/Trapping: proper sending and receiving, close and in control
- Defense: Positioning, steering, and proper distance
- Shooting: Proper technique, placement, power, and accuracy
WHAT SHOULD MY CHILD WEAR?
- Athletic shorts
- Camp shirt (Will be given out at registration on day 1; Needed every day)
- Shin guards (Required)
- Soccer socks to cover shin guards
- Soccer cleats (Recommended but not required)
WHAT ELSE SHOULD MY CHILD BRING?
- Soccer ball (Make sure your child’s name is written on it. Under age 10, size 4 is best.)
- Water bottle (We will have extra water for refills.)
- Hat (Optional)
HOW IS DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP HANDLED?
Camp participants should be dropped off and picked up at the registration tent.
Parents or guardians will need to sign their child in and out of camp each day. If someone other than the parent or guardian is picking up a child, we need to know ahead of time and they will be required to present a photo ID at the time of pick-up.
After children are checked-in, they will immediately join their group leader, with whom they will remain throughout the course of the day until they are signed back out again.
WHAT IS YOUR WEATHER POLICY?
We generally will play through light rain if the children are comfortable doing so, and ask participants to bring proper clothing and gear. If the rain is heavy or long-lasting or lightning in the area, we will have indoor activities ready to go inside Divine Peace Church.
Have more questions? Contact us by calling 972-494-4911 or by using our online form.